May 17, 2011

Denounced near Saint Paul's

Avis au détenteur

Madame, Monsieur,

Nous vous signalons qu'une infraction a été constatée le: (bigger numbers and letters) 16/03/2011 à 14 H 00 lieu : Parking Avenue de St-Paul Cologny motif: Circulation et Stationnement des véhicules sur terrain privé. DENONCIATION SUR PLAINTE.

I have been DENOUNCED. Special registered letter to France. I can't just pay a fine.---they don't even say how much I'll have to pay--- ominous. I was parking there as there were about fifty free places in the parking lot of St. Paul's church and center at Grange-Canal mid- week and I was visiting my friends of 87 and 92 at their apartment in the neighborhood.

I guess it's better than being arrested in the first class compartment of a flight from NY to Paris and held at Riker's Island for attempted rape. But wait, this was just a lunchtime parking offense.

Do not go directly to Jail, but do not pass Go until you've paid 200.

Oh Saint Paul, save me from my sins!